Significant data breaches drive home the importance of cybersecurity in the ensuing months. From Facebook to universities to retailers and financial services companies – personal data is at risk every day.
Whether the breach is millions of records or “only” several thousand, all private data should remain private. Protecting records must be every organization’s ongoing priority, which is why more and more healthcare providers are proactively evaluating comprehensive risk-mitigation options.
HITRUST CFS Is Making a Difference
The Health Information Trust Alliance, or HITRUST, and its Common Security Framework (CSF) offers healthcare marketing service providers a certification process that integrates federal and state regulations into a standardized risk-assessment tool with scalable security controls. In short: HITRUST CSF helps healthcare marketers sleep better at night knowing their data is secure as possible.
Because HITRUST CSF is both risk- and compliance-based, any certified organization can tailor its security control baselines according to an array of factors, including organization type, size, systems and regulatory requirements.
HITRUST CSF is also making a tangible and important difference in these five ways:
- Protecting reputations. HITRUST CSF control mechanisms help an organization prepare for security threats better — safeguarding data, and avoiding the potential loss of business and brand reputation.
- Deflecting attacks. HITRUST thoroughly reviews breach protocols to ensure they’re aligned with current processes and security measures. The alliance continually updates its platform to respond to security threats and recommends enhancements to an organization’s security posture to help reduce risk.
- Industry acceptance and reliability. HITRUST CSF is the most widely adopted security framework in the U.S. healthcare industry, and with good reason. Respected and seasoned industry leaders determine how HITRUST CSF protects data, developing and updating the framework to reduce risk and prevent compliance problems.
- Peace of mind. Given the large volume of negative high-profile cybersecurity headlines in recent years, patients are aware data protection is an industry issue that impacts them personally. Working with HITRUST CSF certified vendors translates to heightened confidence for healthcare marketers (and their patients), who can focus on health knowing their private information is in good hands.
- All for one and one for all. Industry professionals established HITRUST, so they know what the industry requires. As increasingly more healthcare organizations recognize the value of working with HITRUST CSF certified service providers, the industry will become even further united in combating data breaches.
We’re here to help
Quad/Graphics achieved HITRUST CSF certification earlier this year to assure our clients that we take protection of their data seriously. We’re leveraging the benefits of HITRUST participation to continually improve. To learn more about Quad’s capabilities, contact us today to schedule a visit.
Click here to download your copy of “Keys to Mitigating Risk and Driving Value With Your Marketing Partners” insight paper.
We look forward to serving you and protecting your interests.